Summer is coming and you know what that means. No more sweaters and jackets! Time for some cute tops and tanks to hang out with your friends in!
Things you will need:
- Needle and thread
- A square piece of Fabric 28 X 28
- 3 pieces of fabric 28 x 2 inch long for straps
- Fabric pen
- Measuring tape
- Ribbon or rope optional
- Loop turner (optional)
Now let’s get started
- Fold the fabric in half with the outside of the top facing in.
- Take the measuring tape and measure 12 inches from end on the bottom part of the triangle and draw a dot
- Measure 14 inches on the opposite side and draw a dot
- Draw a curved line of dots to connect the 2
- This will be the armhole
- Do the same to other side
- Sandwich the dotted line with some pins
- Cut down the dotted line
- Do same on other side
- Now sew down the line but don’t forget to leave some room at the top for the string to go through!
- And now, flip it out
- This part is optional because these straps can easily be replaced with cute ribbon or some kind of rope string
- But if you’re gonna go for it, take the 3 strips of fabric, fold each strip and sew the opening closed
- Take a Loop Turner and pull the fabric inside out
- Sew the collar, leaving room for the halter string to fit inside the space
- Once you get to the other side, cinch.
- Now take your loop turner and feed the string through the opening
- Now sew on the other shorter strings to the sides and you’re done!!
Photos by AJ Wilson https://www.ajwilson.us/