Get your cool and creative on by your very own frozen work of art to share. You can use a variety of edible flowers and fruits to mix with flavored waters, juices, nut milks, etcetera, to make these delicious treats.
Ideas for ingredients to use…
- Johnny Jump-Ups
- Mint flowers (and leaves)
- Citrus pieces… you get the idea.
Liquids to freeze:
Flavored WATER! Sweetened with stevia, honey, sugar, etc. with a touch of rose or orange blossom water added; or your choice of fruit juice, blenderized watermelon or strawberries, almond or nut milks, chocolate milk, iced teas, or your favorite smoothie!
Blue algae for blue color, chlorophyll for green, beet juice for red or pink, citrus zests, a hint of vanilla or peppermint extract, but you don’t have to use any of these!
What to do:
- First, gather your ingredients. All flowers must be edible. Wash everything.
- Add flowers and fruit into the popsicle molds, then pour your choice of liquid on top to cover. Keep in mind that the color of the liquid will determine how much of the fruits and flowers you can see. Flavored water and lemonade work the best to see the add-ins.
- When you fill these, leave a little bit of space at the top to allow for the expansion while freezing.
- Pop in your popsicle sticks and let freeze until they are solid (about 6-8 hours), or overnight.
To pull the pop out of the mold, run the outside under warm water for a few seconds and gently tug on the popsicle stick. If it still doesn’t come out, repeat until it does. Fresh-and-fruity-rootie-tootie!